Brent Council proposed the introduction of 25 bicycle hangars in Brent in February 2020. Brent Cycle Campaign responded to every consultation supporting the bike hangar with the following text.
This is the response on behalf of Brent Cycling Campaign. We are the local group of the London Cycling Campaign in Brent, representing approximately 250 supporters in the London Borough of Brent, and anyone else who wishes to improve facilities for cycling within and without the Borough.
We support this scheme for the following reasons:
– This makes it easier to park a bike for Brent residents,
– This discourages car use and car ownership.
We would like to see the following improvements:
– Cycle storage suitable for non-standard cycles, such as hand-cycles and cargo-bikes;
– A reduction in the cost of these facilities to reflect space used per bike (in comparison to the cost of a single car parking space);
– An expansion of this scheme to cover areas in the north of the borough.
– Addition of space for visitors’ bicycles.